Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oh how I love my garden!

This year my garden has been so much fun!!  For the first time, I have been able to grow melons!

Isn't that cute!!!  A tiny cantaloupe!!!  The very first one I have ever grown!!  Why is this important!  My grandfather, from Oklahoma, was a watermelon (and peanut) farmer.  I remember when we used to visit him and my grandmother in Oklahoma, he would take me out to his fields.  I would see these HUGE watermelons and GREAT big bushes.  I remember he pulled on bush up and the roots were loaded with peanuts.  Every year, he would load our car with watermelons.  Though, I haven't grown a watermelon yet (that is next year, Pappy Daddy!!).  I hope an old farmer is looking down from Heaven with a smile on his face and is proud of how his granddaughter turned out.


My first eggplants!!  OK, this is not a major accomplishment!  BUT for me it is!!  AND I have TWO!!  How exciting is that!!!  It is all how you look at life!

No comments:

Post a Comment