Friday, July 3, 2015

62

Today I turn 62.  Amazing!!  I can't be THAT old.  I certainly don't feel THAT old and it always amazes me when I go to the store and they give me a "senior  citizen" discount.  My husband tells me that I should be happy to get a discount, but, somehow, I'm not.  I don't think of myself as a "senior." 

I guess that is part of the problem - I don't feel old.  Of course, I am reminded every time I look in the mirror and see more gray appearing in my hair.  And, I don't have the "youthful" body that I once had - no more bikinis for me  (now that won't be a pretty sight - LOL!).  And to be quite honest, I think I am more active now than I was 20 years ago.

For some reason, on my birthdays, my thoughts always turn to my Mom.  A lot of what I do today are because of her.  She taught me to cook, sew and how to can fruits and vegetables.  I also got my love for animals from her.  I think she would be very pleased with how my life turned out.  She probably would have crocheted sweaters for all the baby goats - LOL!

So, here's to you, Mom - I raise my cup of coffee - (she was also a coffee drinker - so I got that from her, too - LOL!).   Thank you for all that you taught me and for you love!!  I hope I have done you proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment