Friday, September 27, 2013

It's about that time!

It is getting to be that time of year when I put away the milking pail and give the goats (and ME!) a much needed rest from milking.  By now, all the does should have been bred - that is, if the buck is doing his job.  Judging by how bad he smells, I think he is!  And, BOY, does he reek!!!  I won't go into details but, trust me, it isn't something you would find at the "better" department stores!!

I always feel a little sad when "milking" season is over because that means no more cheese, no more goat milk yogurt, no more fudge, and no more goat's milk ice cream.  I have checked around to see if I could another goat in milk to carry me through the Winter, but haven't had much luck.  So for the next couple of months, we will do without until next year when the babies are born and the cycle begins again (isn't that where Elton John starts singing "The Circle of Life") - I know, too early in the morning for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment