Friday, October 4, 2013

Politics

Normally, I stay out of politics.  It gives me a headache.  But, I have been watching the antics in Washington, DC this week with mild amusement and disdain.  I can't help but think what our forefathers would think of this fiasco.  They must be rolling in their graves!!

It seems like the majority of the week has been spent finger pointing - it is the Republicans' fault, it is the Tea Party's fault, Harry Reid won't negotiate, President Obama won't negotiate, etc., etc., etc.   They sound like a bunch of children fighting over a prized toy!!  Unfortunately, the public can't send them to bed without their supper (or some similar type of punishment).  And, who is suffering the most from all their antics??  WE ARE!!    I keep wondering WHEN are they going to start acting like the leaders we elected them to be!!

Instead of finger pointing guys - I had a great idea!!  Why don't you all sit down and figure out how to get the United States out of this mess that you got us into!!  And stop listening to Frank Sinatra's song "I Did It My Way" - it's an oldie and no longer a goodie!  Just git 'er done!!

I will get off my soap box now - this is just one Goat Farmer's opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment