Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hawks!!!

Just when I thought "predator" (i.e. foxes) season was almost over, a new predator arrives on the scene - hawks. Sigh!  Yesterday afternoon, I heard a ruckus coming from the chicken pen.  I looked down there and all the hens were nowhere to be found but Mr. Rooster was having a major fit.  Hmmmm, something must be really wrong.  So I grabbed the gun (I'm getting good at that!!) and went out to the back deck.  Just as I did I saw something swoop down to the fence surrounding the chicken pen - a hawk.  OH YEAH!!  Without hesitation - I fired a shot.  What turned out to be Hawk #1 flew off followed by Hawk #2.  Both of them flew up to branches in neighboring trees.  OH NO you don't!!!  Two more shots were fired - Bye, bye hawks!!  And please don't come back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment