Friday, October 18, 2013

My Favorite Time of the Year

This is one of the "back" roads near my house.  The "girls" (my two shih tzus - Ella and Choo) and I walk this everyday.  At this time of year, the trees are absolutely gorgeous!  So many vibrant colors!!  And each day it is different.  Yesterday, as we were walking, I noticed we were being watched by two deers.  Oh how I love living out in the country

I love the Fall - give me a big, comfy sweater any time over a skimpy bikini!!  Trust me - you don't want to see me in a bathing suit - not a pretty sight anymore - maybe 30 years ago, but not now - I shutter to think about i!!

Camp fires!! Is there anything better than sitting around a camp fire at night and just talking with your friends??  It just don't get any better than that!!  Hot chocolate with marshmallows - you HAVE to have the marshmallows - it just isn't any good without the marshmallows!!  Chili and warm, homemade soups - I am making myself hungry!!!  Pumpkins everywhere!  I love pumpkins!!  Big ones, little ones, whole pumpkins, pumpkins with scary faces, pumpkins with elaborate pictures carved in them . . . and, of course, pumpkin pie - YUM!!!

Of course, with the onset of Fall, my garden is pretty much over and done with.  But, pretty soon, the seed catalogs will start arriving in my mail box and visions of next year's garden dance through my head!

I hope you are enjoying the Fall and all the beautiful colors God is sharing with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment