Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Alas!! Here comes our first "taste" of Winter

I heard that dreaded word "SNOW" in the weather forecast today.  Are you serious!!  Obviously, this is some type of cruel joke the weatherman is playing on the viewing audience!  Nope, he mentioned it again.  Yep, I heard it a third time - Oh darn!!  Good thing I spent yesterday afternoon in my garden harvesting what is left!
I was able to get a lot of produce from my garden - green beans, several jalapeno peppers, a couple of banana peppers and bell peppers.  Those big long green things are really luffa gourds.  I will let them dry and eventually remove the green skin and make luffa sponges out of them - how cool is that!!  I also pick some herbs - rosemary, mint and basil.  These will go into herbal vinegars and what is left will be dried to be used for future soaps.

I do hate to see the cold weather coming on, but I guess it is that time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment