Friday, October 11, 2013

Time Sure Flies!

Can it really be the middle of October ALREADY??  Amazing!  It seems just like yesterday that the market opened up for its 9th season and here we are with only 3 more weeks left for the Market on the Square - WOW!  And what a fantastic summer this has been!!

I think the goats are all bred.  Bucket, my buck, reeks (UGH!!).  I guess the does (the girl goats) must like it but it is disgusting to me.  And I tell him so everytime I go over to the goat pen.  Of course, he ignores me and wants to rub his obnoxious, stinky self on me!  Ah, the joys of goat farming!

And, boy, are the retailers pushing Christmas!  I saw a Christmas tree in my grocery store two weeks ago.  I wonder if the retailers are nervous with all the antics going on in Washington and how this is going to affect the country and, in particular, their sales.  What a sad situation our country is in!  All you can do is pray.

BUT, life goes on at the goat farm . . . as it should.  My goats and chickens don't seem concerned about the idiots in Washington, DC.  They continue to lay eggs and give milk.

I do love this time of the year - the trees look so beautiful.  I do feel sad that my garden is on its way out.  I still have some peppers and my lettuce is doing well.  I had so much fun with my garden this year and am already mentally planning next year's gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment