Monday, December 16, 2013

And God Gave Me A Goat

Yesterday as I was sitting at the Farmer's Market, I was thinking how much my life has changed all because God gave me a goat.  Goats were never in the "plan."  Before we moved out to New Richmond, I don't think I have ever been that close to a goat.  And if you had told me 25 years ago that I would be a goat farmer, I would probably have laughed at you.  Is it amazing how God works in your life and leads you down paths that you would never imagined possible?

I can't help but think of what an amazing life I have.  I have a husband who puts up with all my silly ideas and who will drive across town to pick up 60 baby chicks (and then let those 60 baby chicks take over his garage in makeshift "nurseries").  I can go out on my back deck and listen to the sounds of Nature - oh so lovely!  The birds clirping and singing.  The deers rustling through the leaves in the woods behind our house.  I have 3 goats that give me fresh goat's milk that I use to make cheese, ice cream and fudge for us to eat and soap and lotion for me to sell.  And chickens that provide eggs.  Small gardens that give us fresh vegetables. It just doesn't get any better than this.  And it all started with God giving me a goat.  How blessed am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment