Friday, December 13, 2013

Two years ago . . ..

My life changed forever.  My son left home and joined the Navy.  So many emotions that day, but mostly pride.  I tried so hard not to interject my personal feelings into this because this was his decision about what was best for him.  And looking back now, he made the best choice for him  Like any Mom, we always want to keep our "babies" close, but we can't and it hurts when they leave the nest.  BUT, I survived like we all do and there was not a prouder Navy Mom than me when he walked into the that auditorium on February 10, 2012 as a brand new Sailor in the United States Navy.

Yes, my life has changed and not exactly the way I wanted it to be or expected it to be but isn't that the way life is?  So today, I am so thankful that you are my son, Nathan!  I am so very proud of you and love you so much.  God Bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment