Wednesday, December 25, 2013

So Thankful This Christmas!

Our son, a sailor in the Navy, was able to come home for Christmas this.  So many of the soldiers, sailors and marines can't.  I couldn't help but think about all those families this morning opening presents and knowing the void they must be feeling. How do I know because two years ago, Nathan was in Boot Camp for Christmas.  And holidays, no matter what the holiday is, it is just not the same unless you have all your loved ones there.

And this Christmas also took on a more special meaning.  One of my son's friends died tragically Christmas Eve night on his way home in a car accident not far from our home.  I thought of his Mom all day today and kept her in my prayers.  Christmas will never be the same for her.  All I can hope is that God will somehow bring her comfort.

So I will hug my son just a little bit tighter tonight and tomorrow when he leaves to go back to his "other" life.  I will pray that God will watch over so that he can come home again.  I believe in God and I know he will take care of my son.


No comments:

Post a Comment