Monday, December 30, 2013

Things I am Thankful in 2013

As the new year approaches, we all like to look back at the past year and reflect.  I have so many things to be thankful in this past year.
The most important thing I was able to spend another year with these two guys!!  My husband's health has continued to be good.  All his tests come back normal which is a HUGE relief.  I got to see my son, who is in the Navy, three times this year including a surprise visit in August (where everybody knew he was coming home except me!!)  Best surprise EVER!!!

Once again health issues continued to be "bothersome" for me.  Unexplained shortness of breath whenever I did any type of exertion like walking up steps, etc.  I chalked it up to "old" age!!  But a HUGE thanks goes out to my doctor Anna Fox who didn't think that!!  After so many tests (and one where I got to see the inside of my carotid artery - kind of weird but kind of cool, too!), it was determined that I have COPD (a "politically correct" term for emphysema).  Through a trial of different medications and exercise programs, I now feel better than I have in a long time!  So I am forever grateful to Anna Fox for her diligence!!

I am so thankful for all my customers who continued to believe in my products because they keep buying them!!  God bless you!!  And I love talking to you all and learning all about you.  You aren't customers, I think of all of you as my good friends.

Can't forget the goats and the wonderful milk they gave me!!  I made the best goat's milk yogurt and ice cream from their milk this year which I thoroughly enjoyed!!  And many of our customers got to enjoy the cheese (and so did we!!).

I am also thankful for my 3 little puppies (I know they are dogs but to me they are puppies) - Choo, Ella and our new one, Niki.
They keep me company during the day while Bobby is at work, go on walks with me or ride to and from the store.  And, if it weren't for Ella, we won't have known our car was being stolen - thank you Ella!!!

My garden was wonderful this year!!  So many good things came from my garden that we are still enjoying this winter!!!
If only I could get the deers to leave my garden alone!!  Oh well!!

And turning 60 wasn't as bad as I thought!  It is just a number.

Looking back on 2013, I would have to say it was a pretty good year!!  Can't wait to see what 2014 brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment